Friday 25 January 2008

Good Instruction

When I was young I used to think I knew it all but as I grew older I realised that I didn't know anything at all, in fact, I was just beginning to learn about life and the wisdom that comes from experience. The older you get, hopefully the wiser you'll become. If you are able to listen, you will learn more. Instead of talking too much and coming across like you know it all, why don't you take some time to listen. Listen to your elders, respect them and see from their point of view. Always consider good advice. It is not good to come to a place where we think we know it all. Tell me, who knows it all? There is not one man on the face of the earth who can claim they know everything. We all have something to learn from each other. Life in itself is there to teach us, so speak less and listen more. Where there are too many words, sin is not far away. Take time to consider what other people are trying to say to you. Try and listen to your parents or grandparents good advice. Usually older people give good advice because they have something to compare their lives with. This is called 'experience'. Take time to consider good advice and instruction and it will go well with you. What am I trying to say? He who holds his tongue is wise. Listen more and speak less, it will do you a world of good!
(Written by Ladé, 2008 © All rights reserved.)

No comments: